Are you are charming girl? I don't know if I have charm, though I am a likeable gal, I do however, happen to be a fan of charms. Thankfully, I found an artist who is as gifted as she is charming, and I mean this in the most wonderful way possible. I'd like to introduce to you Lori Cohn, the creator of the amazing charm bracelets (depicted throughout) and the artists behind Charmed Designs. She has amazing charm pairings - part of what makes the charm bracelet so much fun! So, I'm not going to spoil it for you, read on to learn all about Lori and her charms.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Martiel @ Sewmantra Blog (M@SB): What is your art and how did you learn it?
Lori @ Charmed Design (L@CD): I create handmade wrap charm bracelets. I learned my craft while recovering from a life threatening illness. I began to make jewelry as a way to stay positive and constructive.
I’ve always been a creative person, one who will see something and think, “I can make that.”….and then proceed to learn how to do it. And so it was with jewelry. My close friend received a beautiful silk wrap bracelet with charms from Israel for her birthday. I loved it so much that I decided I would study and learn the craft.
M@SB: What do you think is the most interesting thing about your creative expression?
L@CD: The name of my business is Charmed Design because I feel ‘charmed’ to be alive. This energy goes into every piece I create. All of my designs have a strong meaning behind them. I use symbolic charms and gemstones to create bracelets to inspire and motivate other women.
M@SB: What circumstances led you to sell your art/creations online?
M@SB: If you could use only 5 words to describe your work, what would they be and why?
- Meaningful – each piece has charms and/or gemstones that have a special meaning.
- Unique – I use textiles such as hand dyed silk ribbons and floral Japanese chirimen cords that are unique and unusual.
- Bohemian – most of my jewelry has a free spirited, bohemian feel to it.
- Yoga inspired – I use several charms, like the Om and lotus flower, that are inspired by the practice of yoga.
- Modern – my bracelets are a modern take on the traditional charm bracelet.
M@SB: If you could be any charm, what would you be and why?
L@CD: I would be the Buddha, lucky, compassionate, and wise
M@SB: If someone want's to buy something from you, how do they find you?
L@CD: If you sign up for my email list on my website, you will get 20% off your first purchase.
- Website: www.charmeddesign.com
- Etsy: www.charmeddesign1012.etsy.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/charmed1012
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/charmeddesign1012
Did you enjoy reading about Lori? Share a your thoughts in a comment, she would love to hear from you!